MRS develops employees to their fullest potential and constantly encourages them to strive for greater goals. As a result of this and similar company policies, it is no surprise that the company has employees that have been with them for over 30 years and that their average employee tenure is 7 years.
We are currently seeking Forklift Operators who will be responsible for:
- Load and unload trucks, put stock away and pull orders
- Strap down tractor trailers, perform inventory cycle counts and wrap orders
- Responsible for keeping warehouses neat and clean at all times and yard maintenance
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety and quality
- Inventory and cycle counting
- Shipping via UPS and FedEx as needed
- Ensure communications and actions are in alignment with our mission, vision and culture
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times
- Perform various other duties and special projects as assigned
- **Pre-employment requirements: personality assessment, drug test, background check and reference check
- **This is a Union Position
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience operating a forklift
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience within a warehouse environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be dependable and on-time
- Must be self-motivated, be able to work independently and with a team, be trustworthy and have good communications skills
- Building materials experience, a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, touch, and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, see, hear and walk during the course of employment
- The employee will regularly sit to operate a forklift
- Must be able to regularly lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a good sense of balance; good hand-eye coordination; be able to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
- Union position with great benefits, offering medical, prescription and dental coverage – employee only coverage fully paid by Employer!
- Annuity Plan, Paid Time-Off and Company Holidays