- Pick up or deliver building materials using our vehicle from our Irvington, NJ warehouse to vendors and/or customers in NJ, Eastern PA, NY (including Long Island), CT, and Northern DE.
- This position is a “no touch freight” and you will be home every day!
- We keep you busy! We offer 40 hours a week minimum all year.
- $28/hr. Mon-Fri 5 am -1 pm (half hour lunch) + OT which is paid at time and a half on all hours over 8 in a day.
- Easy to open curtain-sided trailers and newer model tractors – NO tarping
- Company compensated referral program for new hires
- Union position with great benefits, offering medical, prescription, dental, and life insurance coverage – employee-only medical coverage is free!
- Paid time off and holidays
- Annuity plan funded 100% by the employer
- Shirts, Jacket, Hat, and gloves provided
- Driver License Abstract, DOT Regulated Drug Test, Background Check, and Reference Check are performed at a cost to the company
- Fourth-generation family-owned company
- Perform daily vehicle inspections to ensure safe operating conditions and maintain logs and records according to D.O.T. regulations.
- Keep truck and appearance clean and presentable and advise of any mechanical issue.
- Communicate with customer yard staff and company dispatchers.
- Ensure all required documents for vehicle are in your possession.
- Ensure medical card and required D.O.T. items are up-to-date.
- Monitor and report any mechanical issues to your supervisor.
- Must have a current Class A CDL license (minimum of 2 years)
- Current medical card
- Clean driving record
- Flatbed experience preferred but we can discuss
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, sit for extended periods of time, and communicate effectively with customers and supervisors.
- Strong commitment to SAFETY, quality, and teamwork.