The South Jersey Territory Manager, under the direction of the VP Sales & Marketing, is responsible for: securing and selling new business and selling to existing business accounts utilizing consultative sales methods; maintaining, strengthening, and building client relationships and; ensuring 100% client satisfaction throughout the entire sales process for the assigned territory.
What you’ll do:
- Sell MRS’s full line of specialty building products to your accounts
- Sales calls, trainings, trade show events, entertainment, presentations, strategy meetings, pitches, etc
- Leverage reporting to work smarter, use CRM tools to track progress and activity
- Work with National Accounts Manager to team sell to National Accounts
- 4 Days on the road 8am-5pm; 1 work from home day 8am – 5pm
- Grow client relationships – prospect, solidify mid-management/regional/local management relationships, overcome objections and close new business
- Develop long and lasting relationships through personal attention and follow-up
- Understand market place and current trends that affect our customer buying decision and patterns
- Work proactively to create opportunities for new business with existing and potential customers
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Occasional overnight travel
- Contact customers after sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints/issues/concerns
- Ensure communications and actions are in alignment with our mission, vision and culture
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Always present a professional image
- Perform various other duties and special projects as assigned
- **Pre-employment requirements: personality assessment, drug test, background check and reference check
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and computer friendly
- Someone that values CRM tools and has a proven history of how to leverage them to win business
- Exceptional organization, time management, teamwork, and communication skills
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of Sales experience
- Experience in building materials a plus
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to the full shift and occasionally lift 30-50 lbs
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures depending on season
- Must have own car and clean driving record.
Abilities you should have:
- Enjoyment of Sales and Negotiating – in the field, you have to work for each order. Some of your orders will be a short sale cycle with a small payoff, and some will be a long sale cycle with a very large payoff. Do you get a thrill from winning a negotiation or winning over your competitor? Yes? Call us now.
- Positive Attitude – the MRS culture is based on mutual respect, hard work and positivity. A positive attitude plays an important role in developing relationships with both internal and external team members.
- Achievement Orientation – High energy, results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic. Sets a quick pace and constantly raises the bar.
- Communication Skills – Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver messages at all levels. Good listening skills;
- Team Player – Has the ability to work effectively with all people within the organization to ensure customers’ needs are being met or exceeded.
- Relationship Building – Has a natural ability to connect with others, build trust and respect; as it relates to working as a team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work from home one day a week
- Benefits package available including medical, dental, FSA, Group Term Life, and AD&D
- Company paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Access to our company gym
- Access to our newly remodeled café, with refrigerator, toaster, toaster oven, water cooler, and free coffee bar.
- Eligible for voluntary benefits including free legal advice, counseling, finance planning, discount programs (Disney, Costco, Travel, Concerts)
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions. This includes financial planning and retirement services
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills