Department: Outside Sales
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Reports To: Vice President, Sales & Marketing
The National Accounts Manager, under the direction of the VP of Sales & Marketing, is responsible for: securing and selling new business and selling to existing business accounts utilizing consultative sales methods; maintaining, strengthening, and building client relationships, and; ensuring 100% client satisfaction throughout the entire sales process for the assigned territory. This position will be focused on national retail accounts and “big box stores”. You will be responsible for leveraging regional buying strategies and developing programs to attract national account business. You will be working in a team setting along with Outside and Inside sales.
- Sell MRS’s full line of specialty building products to national accounts and big boxes
- Grow client relationships – prospect, solidify mid-management/regional/local management relationships, overcome objections and close new business
- Develop long and lasting relationships through personal attention and follow-up
- Understand the marketplace and current trends that affect our customers’ buying decisions and patterns.
- Work proactively to create opportunities for new business with existing and new customers.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, add-on sales, and offering promotional sale items.
- Leverage CRM tools and internal data to present customers with value-added services.
- Track daily planning and productivity through CRM tools provided by MRS.
- Develop reporting and charts/graphs to present to customers as a tool to expose new selling opportunities.
- Overnight travel may be up to 25%.
- Four days a week are required on the road with appointments, and one office day per week will be allowed
- Contact customers after sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints/issues/concerns.
- Ensure communications and actions are in alignment with our mission, vision, and culture.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times.
- Perform various other duties and special projects as assigned.
- **Pre-employment requirements: personality assessment, drug test, background check, and reference check
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years’ related Sales experience
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience within the building materials industry
- Competency in MS Office, Sales/Ordering systems/CRM
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales and a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent selling, communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, must be detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Associate’s Degree in business or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk 30% of the time, stand 30% of the time and sit 40% of the time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Daily travel throughout assigned territory and daily exposure to the outside environment, including inclement weather
- Must have the manual dexterity to file and use a computer keyboard, calculator, and telephone
- The employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch, and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear and walk during the course of employment
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus